Can you believe January has already almost come and gone?? I am in shock. I am a huge believer in saying things out loud and putting them down on paper in order to help motivate me to actually DO the things I set out to do. It also just helps me REMEMBER what I am aiming for. I tell my husband all the time, “I just have to say this out loud so I will remember….” Anyway, I wanted to take a minute to share my goals for 2019 with you all and I figure a Monday is a great day to do it! Another thing I’m big on is setting attainable goals. Sure, I’d love to say my goal is to workout Monday through Friday, but we all know that’s not going to happen. So let’s dive in! I’m going to split them up into categories but they are not listed in any particular order.
- Workout twice a week. Whether it’s a spin or barre class, a treadmill and weights session, or just a walk with the fam, I want to get moving at least twice a week. If I accomplish more, then GREAT, but twice a week seems realistic considering my work schedule.
- Regularly drink my water. Y’all. I am SO bad about drinking 1/2 my body weight in ounces of water each day. It’s not like I am drinking anything bad like sodas instead, I just won’t drink ANYTHING. Gotta be better!
- Lose 8 pounds. Again, I’m sure a lot of us think we’d like to lose a good amount of weight, but 8 seems realistic. Once I hit that goal then I will celebrate and aim for a new goal!
Blogging and Social Media-related goals:
- New Blog Post once a week. I am still fairly new to this blogging world but I am hoping to crank out at least 52 new blog posts this year on a variety of topics! If I have a particularly busy week then maybe the next week I’ll write two, but on average, one a week.
- Continue to grow and challenge myself on Instagram. I have been having so much fun with what I have done so far this year in that space but I am looking forward to accomplishing so much more this year.
- Begin to grow my Facebook and Pinterest pages. I would love to be able to reach a new audience on new platforms so I am going to start reaching for growth on those pages as well.
Marriage and Motherhood-related goals:
- Have more patience. In both marriage and motherhood but especially with my kiddos. I’m sure a lot of us feel this way but it is so easy to lose our patience when you are dealing with whiny toddlers. I want to remain calmer and have more patience while still providing discipline and direction.
- More date nights. I think 2018 was great for Dusty and I, we went on vacation away from the kids and did a few short overnight trips away. But one place I think we should focus more on is regular date nights because sometimes the trips can be few and far between.
- Budget better. I have always been the one to pay all of the bills. And while I can say I always pay the bills on time, it’s mostly because they are all on auto-pay and that’s about as much thought as I put into it. I want to be more intentional about where our money is going and about SAVING more! Send me all of your budgeting and saving money tips!
I recently got a new planner called the Start Planner and I am OBSESSED. I love the motivation and structure it provides me and if you’re interested or looking for a new planner you can hop over to my IGTV where I’ll show you allll the details of it. Probably more than you want to know but I can’t seem to film a short video on anything….You can find the link to my IGTV video HERE and a link to their website HERE.
Are you a planner and goal setting person?? I’d love to hear! Leave me a comment below!